Thursday, January 29, 2009

Meanwhile in Taiwan…

Two young Claretian missionaries from India arrived in Taiwan a few months ago. They are Fr. Joshy Chirayilparampil and Fr. Thomas Parackathottil. Both are studying Chinese in Taipei. Joshy shares:

When I finished theology I thought that at least for time being my studies were over, but it was not so when I came to Taiwan. We started our class on July 1st and it is still going on.
I found it very hard to learn Chinese at the beginning since our languages do not have tones as the Chinese language. I learnt to love this new language that opens for me a way to connect with new people and their customs.

My dream is to speak Chinese fluently and celebrate the mysteries of Christ in Chinese. I know my path is hard but still I hope the One who called me will give me the courage.

No comments: