Wednesday, July 29, 2009

“Angels Live in the Villages of China”

China expedition of Jojo Ancheril

Jojo Ancheril, true to his adventurous nature, undertook yet another adventurous journey in to the interiors of the mainland China. He visited the Ngjau region in the Guangdong province of China from 20 – 24 July. Excerpts from the interaction with Jojo on his Chinese Expedition: - How was this visit to China different from your previous visits?
I have visited a number of big cities in China in the past. But this time I had the opportunity to go into the interiors of a few remote villages in the province of Guangdong. And it was the first time that someone dared to take me to some of the remote areas of that place.
Tell us more about these villages
I was in a region called Ngjau. The villages were over five hours drive away from Ngjau. Some of the villages were of mountainous terrain. What touched my heart most was the simple and poor people of that area.

And how are the people of the area?
The people are very generous and humble. Most of them are farmers and from morning till very late in the evening they work hard in the fields. They
share whatever they have with one another.
Hope, you had a wonderful time, attracting the children with your magic
Well, I did show a few tricks and it was fascinating to have so many children around. In most of the families there are eight to nine members. We visited around 35 to 40 families and in all places they came together to share their joys and sorrows. The children came around and played with us. I was very much at home with them with my broken Cantonese.
And what do you cherish most from this China Trip?
We spent four days with them and all these days we prayed together, played together, ate together, walked together, etc. I consider these days as the most beautiful and joyful days that I spent in China. Well, if I get a chance to go there again I will be happy to go there in spite of the long journey and other difficulties that await us. This trip helped me to understand the fact that Angels live in the remotest areas of China.

No comments: