Friday, March 04, 2011

The gift of an unknown artist

Recently we received a letter written in English together with a DVD. The Letter read as follows: " Dear Sir, I write to you on an important matter: I am old and an Italian, Catholic artist, living in England...You may see that I have copied the whole Bible and illustrated it with approximately 5000 illustrations in 23 volumes. (many years of work)... I understand that my work is unique..."

Dino Mazzoli found our Christian Community Bible in Englsih in a bookstore in London many years ago. He began to read and meditate on the Word of God with the help of the commentaries provided in it. To be able to assimilate the message better, he began to draw what he understood of the message of the Bible. The end-result is a totally hand-written copy of the Bible with an amazing collection of over 5000 illustrations. Here we have a sample of his artistic work.

No comments: